Staff developed plans and specifications for the FY 2019-20 Street Improvement Program ("project"). The area of work encompasses approximately seven miles and four miles of public roadway for base bid and additive bid, respectively, as follows:
Residential Work Areas (Base Bid)
- Summit Ranch Area - Residential public streets bounded by Turquoise Circle (from Cinnabar Court to Topaz Street) to the west, Cinnabar Court and Feldspar Drive to the north, Feldspar Drive to the east, and Carbon Canyon Road to the south.
- Green Valley Area - Residential public streets bounded by Morningside Drive (including cul-de-sacs) to the west, Frost Avenue to the north, and Green Valley Drive to the east.
- Mountain View Area - Residential public streets bounded by Pebble Beach Lane to the west, Winged Foot Way to the north, Pipeline Avenue/Firestone Lane to the east, and Soquel Canyon Parkway to the south.
- Rolling Ridge Area - Residential public streets generally bounded by Calle San Marcos to the west, Chino Avenue to the north, Peyton Drive to the east, and Grand Avenue to the south.
Residential Work Areas (Additive Bids)
- Images Area - Residential public streets bounded by Pacific Vista to the west, Grand Avenue to the north, Fontainbleau Lane to the east, and Payne Ranch neighborhood to the south.
- Galloping Hills Area - Residential public streets bounded by Galloping Hills Road to the west, north, and east, and Eucalyptus Avenue to the south.
The work will include crack sealing, selective patching followed by an application of a slurry seal for a uniform wear surface for the majority of the streets. The project also includes locations where the pavement condition is severely deteriorated and warrants a more substantial treatment such as full width asphalt concrete grind and overlay.
In an effort to accomplish further slurry and paving-related improvements, staff identified additional areas that are labeled “Additive Areas”, areas 5 & 6, respectively, on the attached Exhibit A. Areas 5 and 6 will not be part of the base-bid for the project. However, upon evaluating the project’s bid results, staff may include areas 5 and 6 as an “Additive Bid” in the recommendation for award.
The engineer’s cost estimate for the project is $1,250,000 and $350,000 for the Additive Bid (Areas 5 and 6). The engineer’s estimates include the design, construction contract, contract administration, and 10% for contingencies. In the event the Additive Bid is included in the recommendation for award, staff will request appropriations from available funding sources.
Staff recommends approval of the resolution approving the design and plans for the construction of the FY 2019-20 Street Improvement Project as well as authorization to advertise the project for construction.