- Approve Change Order No. 1 to Agreement No. A2016-149 with Hardy & Harper, Inc. in the amount of $12,534.34.
- Accept the FY 2016-17 Street Improvement Project by Hardy & Harper, Inc. as complete.
- Authorize the City Clerk to cause the Notice of Completion to be recorded.
- Authorize the release of retention monies in the amount of $52,576.72, forty-five days after acceptance of the work by the City Council.
- Authorize the release of any remaining encumbrance after final payment of retention.
- Reduce the amount of the Performance Bond down to 15% for warranty purposes for a period of one year.
- Authorize the release of the Labor and Materials Bond six months after project acceptance.
|On August 9, 2016, the City Council awarded a contract to Hardy & Harper, Inc. in the amount of $1,039,000 for the FY 2016-17 Street Improvement project. The Council also provided authorization for the City Manager to approve change orders up to a cumulative amount of $51,950, or 5% of the contract amount. Construction began on October 17, 2016, and was substantially complete on January 9, 2017.
Prior to the start of construction, staff and contractor further assessed several streets that have excessive cracks and deteriorated pavement conditions. An alternative treatment was recommended to grind full-width and overlay asphalt over these identified streets rather than removing and replacing only selected localized “alligatored” asphalt pavement areas. As a result, the slurry seal application was eliminated over these identified streets. The full-width asphalt grind and overlay alternative treatment proved to augment asphalt pavement section and produce better results structurally and aesthetically.
At the completion of the work, quantities estimated in the bid documents had to be adjusted. As this is a unit-priced contract, there were minor quantity adjustments required to reflect actual quantities constructed versus estimated quantities for the purpose of bidding the work. The bid item quantity adjustments are summarized as follows:
|Bid Item No.
||Re-establish Survey Monuments
||2-inch Selective Grind
||2-inch Selective AC Overlay
||Conventional Type 1 Slurry
Change Order No. 1 Total: $ 12,534.34
The final contract amount is summarized below:
Original Contract: $ 1,039,000.00
Change Order No. 1 $ 12,534.34
Revised Contract $ 1,051,534.34
|At the June 28, 2016, City Council meeting, the project was determined to be exempt as a Class 1(c) Categorical Exemption, (existing highway and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycle and pedestrian trails, and similar facilities), pursuant to Section 15301 of Guidelines for the California Environmental Quality Act of 1970, as amended, Public Resources Code Section 21000 et seq.