Sole Source Vendors
City staff is requesting to utilize the following sole source providers throughout FY 2019-20:
- Core & Main LP is the exclusive distributor for the Master Meter 3-G radio-read meters in the state of California.
- Automated Water Treatment is the authorized distributor of Accu-Tabs for California.
- Haaker Equipment Company is the sole distributor in Southern California for Elgin and Vactor, is responsible for the sales and services, and is the provider of genuine OEM parts for the Elgin and Vactor product lines. The City uses Haaker Equipment Company to service the Vactor sewer cleaner, Vactor Ramjet Jet-Rodder, Vactor Hydro-excavator and similar large equipment. The service technicians at Haaker Equipment Company are factory certified.
National IPA is a cooperative purchasing organization established through a collaborative effort of public agencies across the United States with the specific purpose of reducing procurement costs by leveraging group volume. Staff recommends cooperative use of this contract to obtain better pricing and volume discounts. Using cooperative contracts for commodity items such as janitorial supplies and other miscellaneous supplies and equipment has proved to be the most cost effective purchasing approach for the City. City staff is requesting to utilize the following piggybacking agreements throughout FY 2019-20:
- The City’s current janitorial supply provider, Waxie Sanitary Supply, honors pricing offered by Network Services Company. Network Services Company is a nationwide consortium of janitorial suppliers who joined forces to provide group volume costs coast to coast through the National Intergovernmental Purchasing Alliance (National IPA).
- The City currently uses Lowe’s Pro Business for the purchase of miscellaneous equipment and supplies which provides the City a 5% discount on all purchases. The National IPA also partners with Lowe’s Companies, Inc. and provides an even higher discount of 7% for any maintenance, repair and operations supplies and related services.
Purchase Order for Water Meters from Core & Main LP
The Master Meter 3-G radio-read meters system was designated as the City's standard in 2005 and the new meters have a life expectancy of 15 years.
FY 2019-20 Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs)
The City has several vendors that staff utilizes for obtaining various materials, supplies, equipment, and services throughout the year. The issuance of BPOs ensures efficient control of the purchases of supplies and facilitates the acquisition of small dollar items ($5,000 or less per item) needed for daily operations that are otherwise uneconomical to store. The BPOs, in the amounts requested, exceed the $25,000 threshold for signature authority of the City Manager as identified in the City’s Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual.